A firm family favourite not just because they are so tasty to eat but no-one gets told off for not using their knife & fork properly. It is virtually impossible to eat these with grace and finesse, just get stuck in!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cracked black pepper (pinch)
- 2 big rib-eye steaks (600-750g)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juice only
- Small bunch of coriander
- Pinch of salt
- 8 small soft corn tortillas
- 1 red onion
- Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- Get the grill plate to a high heat. Combine the garlic, chilli flakes, oil and pepper into a paste. Smear over the steaks and set aside
- To make the salsa, finely dice the cucumber, red onion and avocado flesh. Place in a bowl together; add the lime juice, chopped coriander and salt, and stir well. For extra heat, add a red chilli. Set aside.
- Place steaks on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes for a medium-rare steak. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Warm the soft taco shells
- To assemble, grab a taco and fill generously with the avocado salsa and fine slices of the steak.
- Try adding a drizzle of chipotle sauce and/or yogurt for the final zing and finish with a few coriander leaves. Best served with an ice-cold beer